Disney has done it again with another box office favorite. Breaking several records at a time, Disney’s “Frozen 2” has captured the attention of audiences everywhere. (Photo courtesy / Vital Thrills)
Disney has done it again with another box office favorite. Breaking several records at a time, Disney’s “Frozen 2” has captured the attention of audiences everywhere.

Photo courtesy / Vital Thrills

‘Frozen 2’ breaks box office records

December 13, 2019

Yet another box office record has been broken by Disney. “Frozen 2” set the record for the highest-grossing movie of Thanksgiving weekend, earning it a rightful spot in the animation hall of fame.

Undoubtedly, “Frozen 2” has taken the box office by storm and continues to dominate the charts. Pulling in a grand total of $123.7 million, the movie surpassed the Thankgiving record from 2013’s “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” which amounted to only $109 million. To date, the Disney sequel grossed $336.7 million in domestic ticket sales. Making about $738.6 million globally in just 12 days – a figure that has now grown to $919.7 million – the film was clearly a worldwide success too. Not only did the film break world records, it broke internal records, making it the highest-grossing debut for Walt Disney Animation Studios. 

“Frozen 2” was also the most viewed animation trailer of all time, with an astounding 116.4 million views in 24 hours. Approximately 800 crew and team members helped build and put together the film. Out of the total 800 crew members, 80 were dedicated to animations, which depicted magic and whimsical creatures in a diverse color palette. The work paid off, as the animation boasted great detail in the characters’ structure and mobility. Critics and fans were quick to point out the art and attention to detail the animators took when creating the animation.

Disney’s animated “Frozen 2” will forever be a household movie. Breaking multiple records, the movie brought major success to the animated industry, all while providing an entertaining and equally beautiful addition to cinematic history (with a great soundtrack).