A+collage+of+memories+acquired+throughout+high+school.++

Photo / Jillian Saldanha

A collage of memories acquired throughout high school.

Goodbye Coronado: Jilly Saldanha

May 19, 2020

Everyone says that high school is the most fun and memorable four years of your life. They say the memories we make now with the friends we have will define us and be with us as we go our separate ways. Well, I have been in high school for almost four years now – that’s about 209 weeks, roughly 1,460 days. That time was spent practicing at late night and early morning band rehearsals, doing homework, and spending time with friends. My senior year is coming to an end, and it’s time to say goodbye.

I would like to thank all the teachers I’ve had the pleasure of learning from. Ms. Shin, Mrs. Vargas, Mr. Vergara, and Mr. Ballway (to name a few), you all have made a lasting impact and have helped shaped me into the person I am today.

You never realize how fast high school goes by until it’s nearly over. Everyone thinks they’ll remember their firsts: the first day of school, the first home game, the first homecoming dance. However, it’s the lasts that leave behind the biggest impressions that we will carry with us and look back upon. I can’t stress enough the importance of not taking this time for granted. As I approach the next chapter of my life, I’m happy to say I don’t regret any of the experiences Coronado has left me with.

If you have more years left at Coronado, live these experiences to the fullest because that time is limited and before you know it, it’ll be over. I encourage everyone to participate in all the activities this school has to offer; dress up for spirit days, watch a sporting event you never would have thought to attend (like swim), and join a club! My time at Coronado has been memorable, to say the least, there have been ups and downs, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

So, thank you and goodbye, T-birds.

The Explorer • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

Please keep your comments respectful and courteous. Comments with profanity or offensive content will be deleted.
All The Explorer Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *