Students cheer with the Thunderettes and cheerleaders. (PHOTO / MEGAN LAMA)
Students cheer with the Thunderettes and cheerleaders.

PHOTO / MEGAN LAMA

Spirit rally signifies start of football season

August 31, 2018

As the school year starts, so does school spirit. Coronado’s first spirit rally of the year took place on Friday, August 31st, during lunch in the big gym.

“Student council called students to play games and there was a mascot to encourage school spirit,” junior Melina Wenke said. 

The spirit rallies are organized every year by student council to prepare everyone for the upcoming games. Daniela Enriquez, a chair on the student council board, organized this year’s spirit rally. 

Held for the entire student body, these spirit rallies include surprise games along with performances from the band and cheerleaders. Student council’s goal for this spirit rally is to prepare the band, cheerleaders, and football team for this year’s first home game on August 31st.

“I am most excited for the spirit day: red, white, and better than you day,” Enriquez said. “Everyone will be showing their patriotism with American outfits.”

Student council hopes everyone can attend the spirit rallies this year.

“We have an amazing drumline and the football players will be there ,” Enriquez said. “Spirit rallies are a great way to bring the school together.”

Students can look forward to the next spirit rally during homecoming week, September 24th-28th.