Braden Aboud Memorial Foundation hosts shoe giveaway

March 13, 2019

Coronados+student+council+and+cheerleading+team+helped+distribute+shoes+at+Cooley+Elementary.+

Photo / Sarah Vargas

Coronado’s student council and cheerleading team helped distribute shoes at Cooley Elementary.

The Braden Aboud Memorial Foundation held their 15th annual shoe give away on Wednesday, March 15, at Cooley Elementary school.

Every year, the Braden Aboud Memorial Foundation donates new shoes to a elementary school to give back to the community. The foundation’s main purpose for the shoe drive is to supply kids who are in need of a new pair of shoes.  

Student council members and cheerleaders from Coronado High School, Franklin High School, and Jefferson High School were in attendance to help distribute the shoes. 

The foundation also provided the kids with new backpacks and socks, in addition to the new pair of Nike shoes given to each student. 

Volunteers were able to see firsthand how big of a need the new shoes were for these students. 

“Many of the kids’ shoes had holes and a lot of them were too small to fit their feet,” senior Morgan Wright said. “I really enjoyed seeing the kid’s faces light up when they put their new shoes on.”

The Braden Aboud Memorial Foundation will host their annual B Strong run on Sunday, May 5, at Zach White Elementary. For further information about the foundation or upcoming events, visit bstrongelpaso.com.