The Explorer

• T-Bird Alley parking lot to open Tuesday, November 13th

• Today is a "B" day

Filed under Lifestyle

Here’s where you should go for Halloween

Juniors Sarah Roderick and Iliana Flores-Dumond take the time to enjoy the magnificent scenery at the La Union Corn Maze.

PHOTO COURTESY / ANDREW BOWLING

PHOTO COURTESY / ANDREW BOWLING

With Halloween right around the corner, there are endless ways to spend these spooky nights. Halloween parties, trick or treating, hay rides, corn mazes, and other fall festivities are the perfect way to get in the spirit of Halloween.

The La Union Corn Maze is one of the most popular destinations during the spooky season. Mazes for both children and adults, complete with a variety of food such as corn, chips, turkey legs, sodas, and candy bars make for an exciting experience. Visitors can also go to the pumpkin patch via tractor-driven wagons and may take pumpkins home.

If you’re in for more of a scare, visit the Downtown El Paso Ghost tour for a spooky treat. The tour includes haunting stories and takes visitors to some of El Paso’s most historic spots of alleged paranormal activity.

If you would rather take the lazier route, El Paso County will be presenting “Movies by the Lake.” They will be showing “Hotel Transylvania” featuring the El Paso Ghostbusters, a fan-based children’s advocacy group. El Paso County will also host a costume contest before the movies starts.

All of these places are perfect for anyone looking to get out of the house to enjoy the season with friends and family. For more information on more of these spooky activities, click here.

About the Writer
Tanya Hudy, Writer

“Green tea is green tea if its just green tea.”

If I could be anyone on the explorer staff I’d be Leslie because she’s funny and a really great person.