The Explorer

• Word of the Day-ultracrepidarian (verb): one who is presumptuous and offers advice or opinions beyond one's sphere of knowledge

• Today in 44 B.C.-Julius Caesar is assassinated in the Roman Senate

• Campbell Bowden and Isaiah Dawkins named All-Coronado Girl and Boy, respectively

• New parking lot on Cloudview to be available after Spring Break

• B building to be demolished in March

Filed under Lifestyle, Showcase

The Jonas Brothers are back

The Jonas Brothers performed in El Paso in 2010.

Photo courtesy / Sarah Vargas

The infamous Disney Channel boyband, The Jonas Brothers, are back with new music and an upcoming documentary.

The Jonas Brothers released an extended play (EP) on February 28, 2019, named “Sucker” along with a music video that includes their new family members including wives and children. The music video currently holds 56 million views on Youtube.

After eight years, the band dramatically split with the announcement of the lead singer, Joe Jonas tweeting: “Please hold while we get our {stuff} together.” In the years during their split, the three brothers were all seen taking different routes in their careers. Joe Jonas, found himself joining a different band called “DNCE” which became well known for the song “Cake by the Ocean.” Nick Jonas, the band’s bass guitar player and secondary singer, became a popular solo artist known for hit songs such as “Jealous” and “Close” as well as his role in the film “Jumanji” (2018). The band’s drummer and guitarist, Kevin Jonas, decided to live life out of the spotlight and began a small business.

Five years after their split, the brothers were offered to shoot a documentary in collaboration with Amazon studios about their life in the limelight and their experience as child stars. After just a few months of filming, it seemed as though their spark had reignited and they became convinced that they should give “The Jonas Brothers” a second shot.

In a recent interview with Elvis Duran, Nick Jonas stated, “We realized that there was a magic when we were together that we missed.”

Surprisingly, it seems as if the music and playing together came naturally. While in an interview with James Corden on the “Late Late Show”, they mention that the hardest part of The Jonas Brothers’ reunion was keeping it a secret for so many months.

On March 2, the brothers played their first concert in six years in London where they played their new hit song “Sucker” and old popular hits such as “Burnin’ up” and “LoveBug.”

The return of the infamous boy band has brought back many childhood memories for Jonas Brothers fans. After a strong response to their single, the Jonas Brothers can expect continued enthusiasm for their album release, although no date has been set yet.

About the Writer