Be-YOU-tiful Week to spread joy around campus

Photo courtesy / Chloe Cloud

Student Council officers passed out flowers on the last day of the week.

Student Council members Sara Henry and Rigo Hernandez planned a week that promotes and inspires inner beauty as well as confidence. This week is where students will complete different activities each day of the week to help students around campus. Be-YOU-tiful week is a long-standing tradition, and it will start Jan. 27 and end on Jan. 31. The goal for this project is to inspire the student body to embrace their inner beauty, rather than focusing on outer beauty. The motto for this project is that confidence is key to loving yourself, and the goal for this project is for everyone who participates in this week to build their confidence and self-image.

“Be-YOU-tiful week is such an uplifting week for the school!” senior Tioluwa Akinjaiyeju said.

For every day of the week, there will be a different event. Monday was “take what you need, leave what you can,” where everyone took and left motivational sticky notes on a wall. Tuesday was “pin it forward,” where students took pins with encouraging statements on them to give to their peers. Today is “woke up like this,” where students will wear pajamas to school. Thursday will be “motivational mirrors.” The bathrooms all around the school will have motivational statements written on them to help students build their confidence to promotes self-acceptance. On Friday, the Student Council members will be passing out flowers and chocolates to students. Throughout the week, students are encouraged to send a selfie to a student council member, and it will be put on a wall.

“Be-YOU-tiful is meant to spread the fact that everyone is beautiful and encourage self-love,” senior Sara Henry said. “It is always awesome to see the smiles and happiness that it brings to the students and faculty around Coronado.”

Be-YOU-tiful week hopes to be an uplifting experience that challenges everyone to be kinder and more optimistic about themselves.