The Explorer

Online classes begin

Photo courtesy / EPISD

The new schedule shortens classes to one hour each and provides "enrichment and creative" and "health and wellness" time to encourage a well-rounded daily routine.

Megan Lama, Student Activities Editor

With the current adjustments being made in our society, El Paso Independent School District (EPISD) is following suit: all classes are now virtual. While this is a necessary adjustment, it leaves many people scrambling while others happily comply. Online classes mean shorter teaching hours and possibly more time for students to enjoy their high school career. Students are now able to make responsible and adult decisions about time management and distractions while working from home.

Students have to manage themselves to log onto classes on time, do their work and projects as if they were at school, and minimize distractions at home. While this may be typical to some, this work ethic is foreign to most high schoolers. During this time, we must take it upon ourselves to carry on our lives as seamlessly as possible.

Each class is required to virtually meet for a minimum of 20 minutes. While this is district policy, the remaining 40 minutes of class are at the teacher’s discretion. While some will merely post assignments, others will virtually lecture the entire class time. No matter what the teacher decides, assignments and work will be consistent with our previous semester.

About the Writer
Photo of Megan Lama
Megan Lama, Student Activities Editor

Megan Lama is a senior and has been in newspaper for three years. Her favorite part of newspaper is being able to interact with different people and different...